Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



Local listings

Being the curious fellah I am, I frequently search for blogs, articles, people from around Omaha online. And sadly, I don't usually come up with a good catch. Just a few here and there which are usually just someone trying to rank on technorati or something by recapping the recent news. (Sidenote - I don't get that. Why would you create a blog just to summarize cnn.com or reuters.com. I just don't get it...) Anyway, back to point; even our local news stations don't really follow through with things as often as they should. They started a little section about the Dodge Overway or whatever the hell you want to call it. It was kind of neat as they followed a worker on the project daily and behind the scenes. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a construction man fetish, nor any sense of architectual understanding but it was just interesting to see exactly how they can construct the massive overpass on the busiest street in Omaha. For those not local, here is the project I am referring to: Click Here After a few weeks, the segment just stopped. Blah
Continuing on, I know Omaha isn't the most exciting place around. It does however have alot of people, and I'm surprised how poorly Omaha seems to be represented online. About all you can find are the local area bands springing up like dandelions in spring. Heck, even Myspace.com doesn't hold many locals. A search on technorati or google's blogsearch for "omaha" brings up mostly Omaha Holdem results and weird poker sites that make little if no sense at all. I guess we're just too far inland to catch on. *grin*

Maybe I'm wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

I know I should keep these posts short but anyone who knows me knows I have great rambling skills.
- Cory get's back around 8:00 or so tonight, thank god.
- It's snowing here today and I'm secretly doing my anti-snow dance at my desk to prevent any sort of accumilation.
- I want to try and take the dog to the dog park here, see how she interacts with other pooches out there.
- I'm once again going to "attempt" to commit myself to weight gain and working out. 20 lbs is my goal by summer. If it goes well, I'll try and document it... it might be hilarious, but most likely unsuccessful.

posted by Xrystofer @ 1/20/2006 10:58:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home