Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



So Pride came and went....

For the most part, the people that might read this know me fairly well. Things rarely happen how they are supposed to around me and I try not to make plans because I rarely stick to them. Spontaneous is my middle name; amongst many other things I will not mention here.
Getting to the point, I talked about the Pride "festivities" going on this weekend. We had a hotel for Saturday night and we were all set. We checked into the hotel around 3 pm (yeah we missed the parade and all three floats that were probably in it). We made it down there from the hotel probably around 4. The hotel had a free shuttle service so things just couldn't be better. Anyway, we got down there, we purchased our wonderful over 21 yo alcohol wristbands and some drink tickets. After acquiring some alcohol we circled the area to realize we didn't know anyone. Ugh, we had turned from socialites to complete strangers in just a couple years. Perhaps that really isn't a bad thing, but it still felt strange. We found and claimed a table to stand by in the sun. It got really cool this past weekend here in Omaha so standing in the sun felt great.
After an hour or so, a few friends arrived, from bowling of course and then a few more. Finally we had a good sized group and we were all having a great time.
The good time soon turned into "shot time" for a few of us and by 8pm or so I was far beyond sober. So Cory and I decided we'd go back to the hotel and take a nap and sleep off some of the alcohol and then walk down to the Max to meet everyone else around 10. However.... I woke up at 9am Sunday morning with no clue as to why I was in bed. HAHA SO....our pride festivities lasted about 4 hours. Pathetic eh? Oh well, I still had a great time in that short of a time period. Would I do it again... yeah.. just minus a few shots. Darn you David!

In other news.. the fence guys are there today, as I type this. I'm thinking it will be done by the time we get home, I can't wait! And the main guy, Andrew something.... uhm.. well. It's a nice sight to see. LOL

Cory leaves for Spokane tomorrow morning, so I'll be kicking it alone until Friday afternoon. Wish me luck.

posted by Xrystofer @ 6/13/2006 11:13:00 AM,

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, June 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now that is one way to get some R & R huh...LOL You never cease to amaze me and keep me laughing. Gotta love how you do things Chris. It makes the world a lot happier place to be around. Please take care and keep us posted on the fence and how things are going for you baching it this week.

Love ya'

Darrell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home