Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



Summary

So Delirium was good. Actually quite good indeed. We got there around 6pm, the show scheduled to start at 7. We eventually circled the arena and found where we were sitting. We had 2nd row seats which I was quite proud of. So, as we started the decent down to our seats inside, I started to grow a bit nervous. This stage is huge, and spans the the entire length of the center arena floor. Thinking to myself, "oh man, we're going to be to close to see the whole thing". But, we continued down and down and down til the lovely lady showed us right where we sat. Literally, we were about 7 or 8 feet from the stage. Pretty cool!

Cory and I got sat, then decided we had about 40 minutes still so we ran back up to get something to snack on and something to drink. We fought the lines and made our way back and ate just before the opening act. A lady named Neitze or something like that. She was good, amazing voice and interesting music. I can't pinpoint the exact style or heritage of the music, but I think it was more "worldly" than specific to one certain region.

After she was done. (about 20 minutes or so) they had a 15 minute intermission and then the show started. I won't go into all the details, but it was beautiful. Yeah, we were close enough to see the sweat dripping off thier faces, but that actually is what I liked. We might have missed some of the over all effect, but the closeness made it feel more intimate. Plus if I might add, added to the delight of watching some of the performers. I'm glad people couldn't see where I was staring, because quite often I was oogling over a few of the dancers. LOL. I mean... well... wow. A couple times Cory and I looked at each other and just went "wow". So yeah, being that close up had it's advantages.

If you've never been to a Cirque show, this isn't the one to judge the rest of them on. This one focused more on the music and feeling rather than extreme human physical skills. There are a few numbers and performers that are absolutely amazing to watch. Ones where you watch thinking that just isn't possible. I know I walked away from a few of them thinking "Wow I feel rather pathetic. I can't even do one hula hoop, let alone one on each leg and arm". Just kidding. But you get my point.

If you have the chance...go see it. If not, go to Vegas and check out one of those shows!

posted by Xrystofer @ 10/26/2006 09:45:00 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home