Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



80 Proof and Loving it

Let's talk vodka o.k.? As many of my friends know, I'm a vodka-holic. It's pretty much the only alcohol I drink. How it started, I don't know but I can say that since I turned that great age of 21, a vodka & coca-cola hasn't steered me wrong yet. Plus, when you order a vodka & coke, the bartender usually goes.. "vodka and COKE??" to make sure they heard your correctly, and they rarely forget. This makes getting your drink easy and establishes a good connection with the bartender. (hint - a good bond with a bartender means stiffer drinks for the same price!)

Getting back on track, last Sunday, Cory and I stopped by a liquor store before heading home after bowling, and I saw that this store had more brands of vodka than I knew existed. It was almost heavenly. Standing there in awe, a faux-hangover started to creep in seeing all that alcohol there...overwhelming I think. I think I can tell a good vodka from a bad vodka pretty easily by now, and I've had many types. There was one there that I saw that I really want to try. It's called Tito's. Yeah.. it's not tequila or moonshine, it's vodka. Made in the US (Austin ,TX) by a guy named Tito...who'd a thunk it right? I guess it's won awards and beat out heavyweights like Grey Goose, Kettle One, and Vox.

I'm wondering what anyone else thinks of Tito's. If anyone has had it, and how they thought it compares to some of the others. Level Vodka (made by absolut) is quite good, so smooth it's almost a sweet taste. I wonder if I'll find it better than Level or Belvedere?

A peer to my boss just announced her resignation this week. This intrigues me, as they will post the postion soon to fill her work. Do I apply for it? I think so. It might mean more travel, and it oversees two major departments here, one of which I really don't like to much. Nevertheless it would be a direct promotion and more bling. Decisions Decisions!

posted by Xrystofer @ 10/06/2005 02:19:00 PM,

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the position, title, responsibilities and money but don't do the traveling. Cory, Sophie, George and I need you home.

 
At 10:01 AM, October 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try Hangar One on for size. And for god's sake please stay away from Raspberry Absolut. Nasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home