Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



A response.. what do you think?

So I put the previous post ( the one right below this blog post ) on one of the many sites like myspace.com. I got the following response, to which I responded. What do you think? Did I say the right thing or do I sound like I was just arguing? In my profile on that site, I have a couple hundred friends and most are girls. I did not put on my profile information anything regarding my sexuality. I simply left it blank. What do you think?

Here is the response from someone who read my thoughts:

I dont know but Bush is doing all that he can he is a good christian man...we need to work through the differences even thoughh you might not accept them like gays or whatever..they are people but they are people who dont know who they are yet..even though they think they are gay..or bi ...i think we need to be stronger together..but i think its going to be alright in the end God will help us through all the tough times.

Here is the response I wrote back regarding the comments:

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Accepting differences doesn't mean taking away their rights or amending a legal document to prevent them from ever getting those rights. By doing that, he's showing his judgment on people, and limiting the US government to a Christian Government. We aren't Christian; the government is to be separate from the church and religion. How can it be separate if they are trying to modify legal documents because of Christian Values. If you can't tell by my response, I'm gay and live a very great life. I have been with the same person for almost 8 years, we own a house, two cars, a cat, dog and have wonderful loving families. We pay taxes, we vote, and we are excellent citizens. In fact, most people wouldn't know I'm gay at all. I encompass different people and admire people for their beliefs and thoughts. That's why I hate to see people close down their ability to accept those that are different. We aren't supposed to try and understand why a person thinks what they do, but accept that they think differently. Gay people know who they are, we have goals and many are very devout Christians, Buddhist, Muslims, etc. We are not lost souls; we are very steadfast and simply wish to be accepted. We're no different than any one else, straight or otherwise. Love is great, why can't everyone accept that? To be in love with anyone should be rejoiced. How awful to put someone down because they have found love with someone the same sex as them. What a shame, there are many more important things in life to worry about. :)

What do you think? Did I just come across as argumentative? I was trying to simply be responsive and offer why I wrote what I did. Let me know.. and of course, be brutally honest, I love it!

posted by Xrystofer @ 7/31/2006 03:55:00 PM,

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, July 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris you did excellent. You were so mild that its almost sickening thou..LOL I would have torn her to shreds and made her close her internet account and sell her computer. I am sick to death of people saying "you gays don't know what you want or who you are." I know exactly who I am and what I want but the rip off Government / Society we live in prevents that. So I will keep on bitching and telling them exactly what I think of them. God Bless you and Cory.

Darrell

 
At 9:42 AM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Gay boy comes to London said...

I thought it as a brilliant response. Your point came across clearly and effectively. Good post.

 
At 2:50 PM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Xrystofer said...

Oh damn Darrell... ha ha

You crack me up! That's too funny. Great response

 

Post a Comment

<< Home