Xrystofer's Personal Links: Xrystofer's Flickr Photos | Yahoo Profile |

 

The inside scoop on what all happens to a 32 year old guy in Omaha, Nebraska. You won't find all the latest gossip or reviews. Instead, you just get me and my world.



Dogs and Softball

I went back to my hometown this weekend. Cory had to be in Spokane, WA and I didn't want to sit at home all weekend and not do a darn thing. My older brother and his softball team had made it to the state finals. There were four classes of teams: A, B, C and D. They were in the C division. I've heard the stories of the softball weekends for the past couple years, and was kind of excited to go be a part of it. The entire team of 10 -12 people all stay at my parents house. The house isn't a small house, yet it's old which means it only has one bathroom. It's well over a hundred years old, and that's the only thing my parents never really did to it over all these years is add another bath. Anyway, we had roughly 15 people all staying there, which meant it looked like a refugee camp the entire time. We even had a tent outside because we simply ran out of floor space.

His team is great, I've know or met most of them previously. Of course, I'm the token gay guy which has it's up and downs. My family is very open about me which is cool. Both of my brothers are quick to tell people about me, as we're pretty close so me being gay is just something their friends have to accept. Getting back to the point, the first night we all go out, and it's the first time I've got to really talk to several of them aside from the quick meeting I may have had with them before. Naturally, about 30 minutes into the night at the bar.. the guys are huddled at one end of the table talking about.. well...things and the girls gathered around me. I'm sure most gay guys know exactly what I'm talking about, girls love us for some reason. It was fun, lots of talk about TV shows, clothes, etc goes on. I get told things because I'm not "threatening" have to touch a few boobs to compare and so on. Overall, was a great time.

One couple that played on the team had just bought a Jack Russell Terrier puppy. Now, my dog is bundles of enegery, and putting her around this 10 week old puppy was, uhm, quite an experience. It was like two panting and snorting white blurrs streaking around the house. They were great, and it was the first time I've really seen Sophie (my dog) wore out. I loved it. My niece Mia got stuck babysitting them most of the time, but she had a blast.

Back to softball. My brother's team (named Dirty Rottens) lost their first game. It is a double elimination tournament so the heat was on. The first year they played, they won 1st place for division C. Last year, the were 0-2 and just didn't do well. So I go to the 2nd game, they win.

The rest of the games go like this:
3rd game = Win
4th game = Win
(Sunday)
5th game = Win
6th game = Win
7th game = Win
8th game = Win

This equals State Champions again. 2nd time in 3 years. They were really excited. They're getting older, not that old, but when they were playing young teams in the teens and 20s it was a challenge. I felt so bad for them, they lost a few players to pulls and other injuries. It was amusing to hear them talking about strategy should they lose anymore. I don't think I heard the words "God I know I'm getting older" so many times in my life.

FYI - I haven' t been on yahoo chat much, my network card went out on my pc that I usually chat on, and I haven't been in town the past two weekends, so I promise to try and get the problem resolved. Ya'll can't miss me THAT much....can you?

posted by Xrystofer @ 8/28/2006 01:14:00 PM,

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young Man I was going stir crazy wondering what had happened to you and Cory. You hadn't updated your blog in forever and you haven't answered your offlines or emails. The absolute worst had even gone thru my mind...small as my mind is...I was seriously concerned about you and even thought about breaking my rule of not calling without permission as I was worried. Don't do this to me again as I am old...LOL

Love you guys forever and ever

Darrell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home